I told you all the other week about a new store opening in Adelaide. Well, I was invited to the opening night and took a few photos to show off what a great shop Liam and Steph have created. They stock local (as in Adelaide), Australian and international brands all with a cool Rockabilly aesthetic. And the business cards are playing cards! (I just thought that was pretty neat).
(Just before they cut the ribbon - too many cameras about so I didn't get a shot of them actually cutting it! Ah well.)
Some of the brands they stock include Hot Couture; Miss Hussy (where I got my fantastic leopard pants from) and Peta Pledger (I have the Angelique dress) to name but a few.
As you can see from the photos they stock accessories, LPs, home decorate-y type things and some magazines (you can find Deadbeat there) as well as all of the groovy threads, as it were.
If you're free at any of the times above go check it out (shop 123, Level 1, Adelaide Arcade) and I doubt you'll be disappointed. And spread the word to anyone you think would be interested, too! I don't often blog about Adelaide related things (though I'm feeling I should do that more often) but I think it's important to support local businesses, especially those who are trying to bring something a little different here.
Edit: I just realised that I didn't mention one of the aims is to keep everything as affordable as possible and I, for one, think everything is reasonably priced.
Edit: I just realised that I didn't mention one of the aims is to keep everything as affordable as possible and I, for one, think everything is reasonably priced.
Love,
Andi B. Goode
x
I'm so keen to get in there... I made it down there today and found out it's only open Fridays and weekends (if only I had seen this first). Oh well, I'll head back on Friday :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like an amazing store. I love the styling of their cards and logo - fantastic!
ReplyDeleteObviously too far away to enjoy the shop, but it looks like a fun place! My eyes made a beeline for the sugar skull...mini pillows? Plush bags? Really cute, whatever they are!
ReplyDeletezomgimty!! !!!
ReplyDelete& (((teleports self thru time & space to Two-bit Villains for some SHOPPIN' !!!)))
Yay for supporting local businesses!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm a Melbournite stocking dresses in Two-Bit Villians (Katie-Louise Ford) and this is the first glimpse i've had of the store, it looks amazing! I was quite chuffed to see my dresses hanging too! Would love to make it to Adelaide to check it out :)
ReplyDeletex katielouiseford.blogspot.com
The shop looks fantastic! I must get in there sometime soon and yes those business cards are super cute!! Hope you had fun hun!! <3
ReplyDeleteOh!! I wish I lived in Australia now!! Andi did you receive my letter? I sent it about 3 weeks ago.
ReplyDeleteFor The Vintage Fashionista
Looks cute. I'll definitely check it out next time I'm in Adelaide.
ReplyDeleteThis shop looks absolutely amazing! I love how they stock awesome new labels, too.
ReplyDeleteI went in last week, and they are a very sweet and friendly couple. I hope it all goes well for them!
ReplyDeletex Molly
How absolutely wonderful!! I am so glad that I had the chance to visit your delicious blog! It's the bee's knees.
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff.
Best to you.
V